Why choose a standing seam metal roof over asphalt shingles or other roofing materials? Here are 10 big reasons to choose durable, long-lasting standing seam metal roofing:
1. Design choices. Today’s metal roofing comes in a wide array of colors and finish choices and can handle curves and shapes better than asphalt.
2. Onsite rolling. Standing seam metal roofing can be rolled onsite to create longer sheets that eliminate the need for ugly overlapping ends, allow for bigger runs that can’t be delivered over the road.
3. Interior acoustics. When combined with the right materials underneath, standing seam metal roofing can create a home that sounds solid inside – with no tinny pings or other negative sound impacts.
4. Sustainability. The ultimate green building material, metal roofing is manufactured using recycled materials in many cases and is 100 percent recyclable. And since metal roofing can last for decades, less ends up in landfills.
5. Reduced energy waste. Thanks to the thermal performance of metal roofing, cooling costs can be reduced because radiant heat from the sun is reflected away rather than absorbed.
6. Security. Standing seam metal roofing can be installed on homes and businesses with a steel mesh layer underneath, making it nearly impossible to cut through the roof. Even without this layer, getting through a metal roof is more difficult than getting though wood or asphalt.
7. It goes on top. Nothing has to be thrown away and labor costs are reduced because standing seam metal roofing can usually be installed on top of existing roofing, saving time and money. And since it’s light, this won’t create a weight issue.
8. Long lifespan. Metal roofing can last 50 years or more. That’s the entire lifespan of most homes and businesses.
9. Durability. There’s no splitting, cracking, chipping, warping, drying out or leaking when you go with metal.
10. Weather protection. Rain, snow and even small to medium hail slides right off standing seam roofing. Weather damages or degrades most other roofing materials.
Contact us now to learn more about how standing seam metal roofing can benefit you and your home. For many building types, it’s the right choice for the best overall value, structural protection and more. Plus, it looks great – and there are more design choices than ever before.
For every roofing job, consider metal first. It’s the right choice for total satisfaction over the long haul.